I read them! :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dad s here :)

Probably they are right when they say that staying away for a while will help you know really how much you value a person.

If you know me pretty well, then you probably know how I was ranting about dad going to a place that is 12hours away from Bangalore. The last few months before I get married and I won’t get to spend enough time with daddy.

My heart felt as heavy as a rock when I had to see him away and this was 3 days before my birthday. My birthday is a very important day to him and his presence makes it the most special thing for me. Having been around my all these years on this day and going away this year felt crazy for me. And I’m sure daddy cried on my birthday too. My last birthday before I went away and dad just could not be there. Bad bad birthday! L

And today was when he got back home for his baby’s first step into a special journey.

Never ever had I waited with bated breath for someone’s arrival. I literally was counting minutes and cursing the clock for moving so slow. I thought the damn clock had stopped. But no. Now I know what it means when people say ‘I thought time’s not moving at all’!

And finally the doorbell rang announcing daddy’s arrival. There was nothing I could do to stop myself from grinning like a complete idiot. The delight of being home showed clearly on his face too. And next I remember is being cuddled like a baby in his arms. I felt like the world was at my feet. Daddy’s eyes were wet too. I wonder what it is that makes a father-daughter bond so special. He being back here was his gift to me for Father’s Day. Everything that I wanted to tell dad and share with him just came out in a blur, I have no idea how much of it he could even understand! Hehe… But knowing dad, he would have grasped every word that I ever uttered. That’s how it is. All the anxieties and tension melted away with his presence. I have the bestest dad in the world, and I know that’s exactly what every kid feels. It just felt so wonderful to realize that for a week I can get home and find paa waiting for me for me to tell him how the day went past! Alas, it’s going to last only a week. And I will enjoy while it lasts. How I wish days just stop right here, right now! J

So, that’s it for this post. I’m happpiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee…

Love u, love u, love u daddy! Muah!

1 comment:

Tell me if you liked it! :) Or even if you did not!